Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brain Dump

running last night: anyone who knows me already knows that i detest running. i'm a very picky runner - as in, i have to be in the "mood" to run, and am usually able to tell if i'm in this "mood" within 2 minutes of starting to jog. mostly i dislike running because it's so hard on my knees, but honestly....it's just so darn boring. but lo and behold, the other night at the gym i actually ran a mile! which to most doesn't seem like much, but seeing as I haven't touched a treadmill in months, it was quite the accomplishment.

london olympics: summer olympics, 2012. i DESPERATELY want to go. anyone have an extra two grand they'd be willing to give me, as well as a recommendation of a free 5-star hotel in london? let me know!

knitting: my aunt taught me the basic knit and pearl stitches last march, with the intent that i could make a blanket for the Nugget before he/she was due in July. it's almost a year later, and i don't think i've gotten past row 12. i really need to get working on that again.

fashion: my word, i need help. i have some cute clothes, but i need my very own stacy and clinton to tell me how to wear them and what to wear them with. Grace, we're going shopping when you get here!

house of cards: totally random (the theme for this post, if you couldn't already tell), but i was listening to a taylor swift song and she mentioned a 'house of cards', when i realized that i've never built a literal house of cards. i remember there was a brady bunch episode where the kids had a card-house-building competition, and i vowed right then and there i would build my own someday. i think i was about 10 when i made that promise. i should honestly cross that off my bucket list.

healthy living: i've finally reached the point in my never-ending weight battle, and decided that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: i'm finally going to lose this weight once and for all! i lost 15 lbs. in college after doing the nutrisystem plan, and kept it off for about a year and a half. but then when Nuggette was born in July, i didn't go to the gym for about a month - just burnt out, i suppose. then there were the good old American (read: fattening) summer BBQs, halloween candy, thanksgiving, christmas cookies, etc. and now that it's the new year, i have no more excuses, no more holidays, and honestly need to focus on my health. which means back to my old routine of going to the gym a MINIMUM of four times per week (hopefully 5-6), eating rabbit food and lots of soup, lean protein, yadda yadda yadda. basically torturing myself until i'm back down to my old weight. oh the fun never stops around here!

1 comment:

  1. I tried the rabbit soup recipe from Elephants (so many animals!) I sent you the other day...soooo good!!! The ingredients are kinda spendy though.

    ReplyDelete