Friday, July 10, 2009

Thursday Night Surprise

Guess what happened at my house last night? I know that when most people come home from work, they like to put up their feet, and have a glass of wine or beer or something. I’m not quite that conventional; my first move when I get home is to dump my junk on the futon, and head out to the garage to get a Healthy Choice Fudgsicle out of the freezer. So imagine my disappointment when I get home last night, head out to the garage, and discover that the freezer door didn’t get shut all the way, because so much ice has built up on the door jam that it prevents the door from shutting all the way. Which means that everything located in the front of the freezer was now a toasty 60 degrees. Including my fudgsicles. I love my abilities to prioritize – I first holler to my grandma that the freezer door wouldn’t shut, and then proceeded to move all the ice cream from the big freezer to the smaller freezer, so that something as wonderful as Tillamook ice cream wouldn’t go to waste. Then I used my new screwdrivers that I got for my birthday to chip away the ice from the door jam so that the door could close and give the food a chance to freeze up again. I don’t think that’s what my mom and dad had in mind when they gave me a fully-stocked toolbox for my birthday, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment