Friday, September 11, 2009

Rantings and Random Ramblings

This is just one of those weird weeks, you know? The kind where you don't work on Monday (but still got paid for it -- sweeeeeeeeeet) so the rest of the week is screwed up because you can't remember what day it is, and that just messes up the internal body clock like no other. At least it's Friday!! Anyways....

1. Anyone else tired of hearing about politics all the dang time? I mean, I'm no Obama fan (FAR from it, actually), but seriously, folks. Let's not make this harder than it already is! But, as I read once, the term 'politics' reflects so perfectly the true nature of the profession: poli, from the Greek word meaning 'many,' and -tics, which are tiny bloodsucking creatures. Call me young, call me ignorant, but "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?"

2. "If I find the misogynistic bastard that invented heels, I'll kill him." Can I get a second, ladies? Yesterday I made the unfortunate decision to wear some (quite fabulous) heels on my walk to the library. On the 16 blocks there, I was just fine and dandy. 9 blocks into the return trip, I'm starting to regret my decision. After the full 32 blocks and I'm limping my way into the lobby of my building, the blisters on top of my feet are screaming in agony. And now I'm thinking of investing in the Band-Aid brand, since I've probably used enough of their product in the last 24 hours to greatly increase their stock value. You're welcome, Johnson&Johnson.

3. I'm sorely tempted to start buying my lunch at the cafeteria in the building next door every day. I mean, where else can you get a LOADED small salad, made exactly to your specifications, with virtually no prep work, all for less than $4? That's right, my spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peas, sunflower seeds, grilled chicken, topped off with fat-free honey mustard dressing was ONLY $3.64!!! If you add up the cost of the ingredients plus the time and labor involved in prepping it, I bet that it's actually more than $3.64.

4. I've recently discovered that gummie bears make the best pre-workout snack at 4am. Just a handfull will do.....which means I've greatly depleted my grandmother's 6-lb. bag from Costco. Must remember to refill that, plus stock extra fortifications for future use.

5. I missed the new episode of Ace of Cakes last night -- sad. My newfound addiction to the Food Network is becoming quite alarming....although it must be said that last night's Food Network Challenge Disney Celebration Cakes was, to say the least....WICKED.

6. Remember from a previous post how there's the creepy guy who walks by the front door of our office and always stares at me? And I'm not talking just a quick glance and a smile, maybe a little wave, like the rest of his coworkers do. No, this guy gives the whole-body "glance" EVERY time he walks by. And now that he has taken to pulling his long-ish hair back into a ponytail (guys, please do us ladies a favor: when you're in your 50s, 60s, heck, even 40s, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT think it's cool to have a ponytail when you're already half bald. It's not a pretty sight and just helps your "creeper" effect). Long story short, this guy has gotten so creeper-ific that I actually had a nightmare the other night, and he was the main guy in it. Now we've reached a whole new level of scary.

7. FALL IS COMING!! Seriously -- maybe it's because it's the first year that I haven't gone back-to-school shopping or dreaded the end of summer, but for some reason, this year I'm SO ready for Fall. Ready for the leaves to change, sweaters, peacoats, and the crisp morning air. Ready to take walks in the early evening and smile as I hear the crunch of the fallen leaves under my feet, and tuck my gloved hands deep into the pockets of my favorite NorthFace coat. Ready for the gas fireplace and my fleece blanket on my bed at night. Ready for candles and pumpkin spice. Can you tell that Fall is my favorite time of the year? Don't even get me started on all the baking opportunities this time of year presents....

-- starts to daydream--

8. I'm so ready for Fall that I'm even thinking past Fall, and going straight for Christmas. Besides the start of the Fall lineup (anyone else going to be watching Grey's, Private Practice and The Office online because the shows are on past their bedtime? No? Well bugger off and stop laughing, I get up at 4am). My sister and I go crazy around the beginning of November, because that means that Christmas is right around the corner. Only problem is, my roommate doesn't allow any mention of Christmas carols, cookies, or decorations before the strike of midnight on November 30. But I'm ready for it all now -- to hear Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera sing their pop Christmas songs, the NSYNC Christmas album, decorating the tree, pouring over cookbooks, trying to decide what kinds of cookies to make this year, and wrapping presents. And no, I'm not one of those sick people who knows exactly what they're getting everyone, and has the presents wrapped and ready to go on December 1. Please, I'm not THAT crazy. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment