Monday, April 18, 2011

day 2

A picture of yourself and the person closest to you:


I'm quite a fortunate gal: In addition to having the best family anyone could ever ask for, the world's most awesome friends, an incredible boyfriend, stable job, good health, and general happiness, I'm lucky enough to say that my sister is my best friend. I know plenty of people who can't stand their siblings, and the only interaction they might have with said sibling in the course of the year is the obligatory hug at Christmas, and maybe a, "Hey, can you move your car so we can get ours out?" Depending on her work schedule, I talk to K multiple times a week, sometimes for over an hour. I can tell her anything - my accomplishments, my frustrations, my questions about anything, or just when I'm bored and need someone to talk to. We were never really close growing up - I was always the annoying little sister who copied everything the big sister did, which drove K nuts. Then, we entered the stage of fighting over every single little thing. Once she went to college, I realized that I actually missed her. Mostly, because with her out of the house, my parents were able to focus most of their attention on me, but as time went on, we actually became friends. I was the maid of honor at her wedding, I was there when she gave birth to her daughter, and I was immensely honored when she and Generic asked me to be godmother to little Nuggette. I love you, K. Thanks for everything!

2 comments: