Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's the little things in life that count

~ I've read more books for fun in the past 2 months than I've read in the last 4 years. And all because I wanted to, not because I would get tested on it.
~ I find peace simply by taking a walk by myself. If I happen to have a puppy with me, so much the better.
~ Baking brings me inner joy. And sometimes joy (but more often, annoyance) from my co-workers and family who get to sample the goods.
~ Who knew that Gummie Bears could count as a snack for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner?
~ I love going to the gym and playing volleyball with no pressure whatsoever to do well, other than my own self-drive and pride. Never again will I be subject to a coach and the humiliation/frustration they deal out in droves.
~ Good can come from a broken car. It can be so nice to actually enjoy the wind blowing through the car windows, rather than cranking up the A/C

This post really has no point to it at all. Just had a moment of quiet reflection to realize that I don't need to spend a lot of money or rely on other people for happiness. The way I see it, we have two choices: to live our lives with the glass half-full, or go through life thinking that the world owes us something without working for it. There will be days where you feel like the world is falling apart at the seams, but God never gives us more than we can handle, which is the knowledge I need to get back up, re-evaluate my life, and get going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment